fish is a smart and user-friendly command line
shell for OS X, Linux, and the rest of the family.
Teach me to fish
fish is available in setup,
in the Shells category
./configure; make; sudo make install
File size: 2.2 MB
- 2.2.0, released July 12, 2015
- 2.1.2, released February 24, 2015 (tarball)
- 2.1.1, released September 26, 2014 (tarball – note that there are known issues on OS X)
- 2.1.0, released October 28, 2013 (tarball – note that there are known security vulnerabilities)
- 2.0.0, released May 17, 2013 (tarball – note that there are known security vulnerabilities)
fish development is hosted on github. To clone the git repository:
git clone git://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell.git
Build instructions are provided at the bottom of the github page.